Victorian Labor’s Plan for Jobs and Growth
Victorian Labor’s Plan for Jobs and Growth will return Victoria to an economic powerhouse by creating jobs for Victorian families, investing in skills and training and providing an infrastructure pipeline. The plan provides 67 practical and affordable initiatives that will secure Victoria’s economic future.
During the previous Liberal Government thousands of Victorian workers lost their jobs, businesses have closed-up shop and confidence has collapsed. Instead of taking immediate action to kick-start the local economy the Liberals had been asleep for four years and any plans they offered were decades away from making a real difference here and now.
In the absence of a policy from the Coalition, Victorian Labor has developed a plan in consultation with industry, business and community leaders to boost the Victorian economy and get it back on a sustainable footing.
Victoria Labor’s plan has been developed through extensive forums and consultations throughout Victoria. We have heard the same thing time and time again – when will the Coalition get serious about creating an environment for jobs and investment?
The Victorian Labor Government will:
- Fund TAFEs and crack down on unscrupulous training providers
- Establish Infrastructure Victoria to plan the State’s infrastructure priorities
- Establish Projects Victoria to deliver critical major projects
- Determine the viability of Bay West as the location for Victoria’s future container port
- Protect WorkCover from government plunder
- Establish robust regulatory burden reduction measures
- Support Victorian businesses seeking to tap into the resources boom
- Protect Melbourne Airport’s curfew-free status from inappropriate development
- Support Victorian regional councils seeking to develop crucial infrastructure; and
- Ensure the Victorian Government’s procurement processes support local jobs and businesses.
Download Victorian Labor’s Plan for Jobs and Growth here: Plan for Jobs and Growth