Where do You Buy a MYKI Ticket in Creswick?
Creswick public transport users as of today (12th April 2013) have no way of buying a MYKI card if they want to catch the bus to Ballarat said Geoff Howard MP, State Member for Ballarat East.
“There is currently no place in Creswick to purchase a MYKI card to be able to use public transport,” said Mr Howard.
The Creswick Foodworks Supermarket will stock them in a few weeks’ time, but the Napthine Government has introduced MYKI only bus services as of today before establishing the Creswick MYKI sales outlet at Foodworks.
This comes after the Napthine Government pulped 50 million single use tickets, wasting $15 million dollars of Victorian tax payer’s money and declared no single use tickets for Victorian public transport which will seriously inconvenience public transport users both in Regional and Metropolitan Victoria.
Without a single use ticket for transport users in Creswick, getting to a location to purchase a MYKI card will be impossible as they will not be allowed on a bus without a valid MYKI card.
“This is just a ridiculous situation which shows no planning or forward thinking by the Government and Terry Mulder the Minister for Transport,” Mr Howard said.
People who rely solely on busses in Creswick to get to Ballarat are now effectively trapped in their community, possibly for several weeks, with no way of buying a Myki card and thanks to the Napthine Government and the Transport Minister, no way of purchasing a single use ticket.
MYKI TICKET OUTLETS IN THE BALLARAT REGION
- Cuthberts Road Mixed Business, 27 Cuthberts Road, Alfredton
- Bacchus Marsh Newsagency, 138 Main St, Bacchus Marsh
- 7-Eleven Bacchus Marsh, Lot 1 Main Street (Bacchus Marsh Road), Bacchus Marsh
- Ballarat Post Shop (Australia Post)*, Shop 31, Central Square Shopping Centre, 10-16 Armstrong St, Ballarat
- Nextra Bridge Mall, 68-70 Bridge Mall, Ballarat
- NewsXpress Ballarat, Shop 13, Block Arcade, Doveton St South, Ballarat
- Buninyong Newsagency, 501 Warrenheip Street, Buninyong
- Midvale News Post & Lotto, 1/1174 Geelong Road, Mt Clear
- Sebastopol Newsagency, 38 Albert St, Sebastopol
- Wendouree News & Lotto, 215a Howitt St, Wendouree
- Nextra Newsagency, Stockland Wendouree, Gillies St, Wendouree
- Wendouree Village LPO (Australia Post)*, 304 Gillies St, Wendouree